Wednesday, May 26, 2010

iPad goes on a field trip


Today I went on the first grade field trip. Boy, what a day we all had. Me and 60 first graders! Well, a few teachers & parents went along too. We started out with a bus trip to travel town. The bus ride was a lot of fun. Everybody was so excited about all the adventures ahead. Travel town was a lot of fun. We explored & climbed all over some vintage steam trains. I just love trains. This was so cool. We ate our lunches there at the picnic tables and got to ride the small scale train.

Next we were back to the buses and off to Union Station in downtown Los Angeles. This was my first time in a big city and boy it is big. The train station was neat. We got to see the subway and all the people busily wandering around the station. There were tons of people and it was really loud.

For the next portion of our trip we boarded a metrolink train on the ventura line and headed on down the track. This was my first train ride too. Did I mention how much I love trains? Once we settled in on the train I got to come out of my carrier for a little game time. Once again I attracted quite a crowd and I think someone actually drooled on me! Oh well, it was fun. I also got to see one of my brothers. He was on the field trip too. This is the first sibling I've seen since leaving the apple store. Who would have ever thought it would be a two iPad field trip? Anyway, I digress...with game time the train trip went by rather quickly. And I almost got motion sick from being passed around to so many little hands. Even with all of that this was the best field trip ever! Okay, okay, so it was my first ever field trip so I wouldn't know any different...but I am telling you it was absolutely the best ever!! iPad signing off from the first grade field trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment