Thursday, January 28, 2010

handmade jammies are best....especially vintage ones



My Dad happens to be in the hospital right now and he is wearing pajamas my Mom handmade for him......get this....40+ years ago! He was going to have a surgery when I was a baby...before I could walk. He asked her to make him some jammies. She went home that night with myself (not walking yet) and my 6 year old brother, whipped up two pairs of jammies, and brought them to him the next day. Remember this was 1968! When he returned home my Mom washed them and hung them in his closet. Flash forward nearly 42 years...my Dad is admitted to the hospital to eradicate an infection and he asks my Mom to bring him some jammies. She goes to the closet and takes the jammies out that she hung there over 40 years ago. She washes them and then the next day returns to the hospital with them. They both say he never wore them again after that hospital stay 40+ years ago....that is until today. 40+ years ago they were handmade with love....today they are not only handmade with love but vintage!

1 comment: