Thursday, January 28, 2010

then and now...the handsome couple






Today I was on my Dad's new mac and found this photo (that I don't remember seeing before.) And now I realize it is from the night they were engaged...my Mom's prom night! It is awesome. I just had to have it for myself and to share. This is my parents 50 years ago just before they were married in 1960. So if you figured it out...that means they will be married 50 years this April. Then I remembered this recent photo of the handsome couple at the Marine Corps Ball at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library (they go every year). I think they go together perfectly...the pictures that is. You may think that is rather mean of me to say but if you know my parents then you know it would be a stretch to say they go together perfectly. But they've made it fifty years so...while not a perfect fit...they must be a good fit nonetheless. So here is to the handsome couple....congratulations on the 50 years...and thank you for everything you've done for my brother, myself, and our families. We all love you!

2 comments:

  1. OMG what a find! that old engagement photo!!!! seriously amazing! the way your dad is looking at her, he looks totally smitten and in love! and the vintage table, lamp and furniture!!!! wow...maybe there are more photos we need to see!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said:
    [I]f you know my parents then you know it would be a stretch to say they go together perfectly.

    I do know your parents. A "perfect couple" is the last phrase that comes to mind. The only thing perfect is Sam's mental picture of himself! 50 yrs., who wudda thunk?

    - Sam's Brother

    ReplyDelete