Sunday, January 24, 2010

spring cleaning....is it spring yet?

I spent the morning spring cleaning, that is cleaning out my children's bedroom. When everything doesn't fit in their room anymore without living all over the floor I start getting really anxious and grumpy. When I got up this morning I was motivated to finally do something about it. It is usually easier to do it when the kids are out of the house but the motivation to deep clean doesn't visit me all that often. So I started. I usually start in the closet so I have some place to put the things we decide to keep. This turned out to be a success since all the kids shoes now have a spot to live inside the closet instead of in front of the door. And you can now walk up to and open the closet door without stepping, kicking, and/or tripping on any number of items living on the floor in front of it. While the room is in no way done it still begins to put my mind and nerves at ease. That coupled with getting tired overcame the motivation and now I am done....at least for today. Now I just have a suburban full of bags that I will take to goodwill in the next few days. It's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment